Local knowledge can help to get your property sold or let
Getting your property on the market is an exciting time. But there can be a bewildering level of choice these days. You are confronted by an overwhelming number of marketing messages about being quick and cheap, especially from online property platforms like Purple Bricks or Emoov.
Promises of a quick result with a fixed upfront price can sound very convincing. But feelings are mixed among vendors, especially about paying in advance. And most say that getting from an offer to acceptance is the tricky part of any property negotiation. Something online solutions seem to have mixed results with.
When you jump on to Money Saving Experts Forum one thing is very clear. Sellers want service. ‘Generic’ just doesn’t do it for most people. There is a ringing endorsement for the benefits of a great ‘local and independent’ estate agent versus the purely online agents. Which is clearly underlined when online agents account for just 7% of the UK market.
The power of local!
One thing a good independent estate agent can be is a ‘good local expert.’ Knowledge of a local area is a vital part of the property marketing process. Being able to talk about local amenities and the quality of schools can help no end when it comes to securing your buyer.
Estate agent chains can claim to be local, after all they are on your high street, but pushy and aggressive sales techniques can be quite off putting. We’ve been in Richmond since 1972, which means we’ve built up an enviable reputation for knowing the local and surrounding areas, building our ‘local knowledge’ to a level the national chains can only dream about.
The personal touch
There is a lot to be said for having someone, the same someone, to manage your house sale or purchase. No waiting in queues for yet another person to deal with your question. The personal touch is something we pride ourselves on. Our team will know who you are and will be able to help should your usual agent be unavailable.
So, no waiting around for an answer or long waits listening to terrible music or navigating portals for a response from an online only agent.
Interestingly, The Homeowners Alliance lists the following ‘cons’ for online estate agents:
- Paying up front – Can mean you will lose your money if your home doesn’t sell, and you need to switch agents. Even with deferred payments you will still be liable at some point if your home still hasn’t sold and their ‘pay later’ deals can mean signing a credit agreement.
- Valuing your home – Most online agents will claim to have local people, but they are all too often simply not local enough! Making valuations less than accurate.
- Using their in-house services – Make sure a low online fee isn’t conditional on you using their in-house mortgage broker or conveyancer.
- Do you have the time? – We always say that you must be prepared to invest your own time with an online agent. We do all your viewings and follow ups with you in person and not just via an online portal.
- Conducting your own viewings – There is an art to doing viewings. Getting the sale is our responsibility. And remember online agents expect you to be as good as we are at doing your own viewings!
- Got an unusual property? – If your home is a little different to most it may take a little something extra to get it sold. This expertise comes with a local independent agent like us.
- Doing the negotiation – We pride ourselves on being able to keep both sides on track, our 5-star rating supports this. And you or an online agent may not be able to negotiate the best deal for your property.
The right benefits for you
With quick and simple not always so quick or so simple with online agents, we think the best solution to securing your property sale at the best price is to go ‘local.’ We’re one of the truly independent local estate agents in Richmond, with an enviable track record of 100% sales valuation accuracy according to allAgents and a string of sales and lettings awards for 2022.
Get in touch with our award-winning team today.
Get on the market with Parkgate
For more information about SELLING or LETTING your property in Richmond, Twickenham, Sheen, Mortlake, and Putney, please get in touch with our multi award-winning sales and lettings team on 0208 940 2991.
Get an instant online property valuation
Selling or letting soon? Find out how much your property could be worth to buy or rent in the current marketplace by using our free and instant online valuation.
Moving to Richmond?
The Parkgate team can help you find the ideal property to buy or let. We all know Richmond and the surrounding areas really well and can speak from experience and provide a comprehensive overview of the benefits of living in this beautiful location.
Talk to a member of the team today and register with us: 020 8940 2991.